Thursday, March 11, 2010

Random Ramblings...

So I don't really have a goal for today's blog - other than to ramble on about what's going on here.
It's a quiet rainy day - and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I love the quiet.
I'm waiting on an order of silk scarves and realize I am in the calm before the storm. Dyeing 150 green scarves for St. Patrick's Day on Riverstreet is not daunting in the least. IRONING 150 green silk scarves, however, is a bit disturbing. I'm choosing to block that unavoidable mess for now.
I had a great day on Riverstreet this past Saturday. In Savannah we have an arts and crafts festival on the 1st Saturday of every month. I haven't taken my scarves to one in a few years, and was not sure what to expect. Thank goodness the economy is picking up and sales were great! The event coordinators came by and asked me to participate in the St. Pat's Day festival. And for some reason I agreed... We all know why, of course. Cash! Plus it will be fun. And the weather is promising to be nice - so who wouldn't want to sit by the river and enjoy the festivities - and call it work?

I'm painting an alligator. I've painted it once before, but wanted to tackle it again. It's been 4 years, and I hope to improve on the first one. Here's the photo I'm painting from:
I took the photo one night after a long day of wakeboarding on the Savannah River (in the wild life refuge, specifically). I love the image and it's so much fun to paint. It's going pretty quickly - for me, anyway. I'm quite the slow, meticulous painter... but I think it will be done in a couple of days - I'm definitely going to be taking a break for a week to finish/sell green scarves though...
If you're in Savannah for St. Patrick's Day come on down to my tent. I'll be right along the river somewhere amongst the drunks. Should be a pretty entertaining day of observations from the safety of my tent.
Off to read while I wait for the UPS man and the FedEx man. Lot's of packages coming today. And lunch with a friend. Such a great Thursday! Enjoy, everyone.

1 comment: