Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St Patrick's Day! and other random thoughts...

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

One of my all time favorite holidays. I have to admit, it's slipped down the list past Thanksgiving, where I get to eat and visit with family - but a day just to celebrate is hard to beat. Just hanging out with friends and having fun. And if you want to celebrate St. Pat's, I've gotta say that Savannah, GA is the place to do it!

Ok, now to admit it: I'm not going downtown today. I'm staying in my cozy home/back yard enjoying the peace and quiet and catching up on things that need to be caught up on. Something tells me that when I head to Tybee this weekend, the festivities will still be going strong. I'll play catchup with the ladies. ;)

Yesterday was THE BIG DAY! My very most favorite day of the year. I admit it's a selfish day. But that's why I love it. I will always and forever admit that I am selfish. I got up and cooked a lovely, full breakfast then headed off to teach my Yoga class. I threw in some hard stuff - just because I can. And honestly, the ladies like the hard stuff. *snicker* (you can always count on me to keep it classy here)
I also hung out by the pool/in the back yard for a couple of hours. What a great way to welcome Spring/my 38th year! I did a few things around the house that needed to be done, then got all dolled up for dinner with my honey. He got me a new Nano - and it's perfect! My Shuffle has seen better days, and I just can't get as much music/have as much control of that music as I'd like. AND the Nano has a pedometer and other gadgets that are so cool. Since I've been learning to run (to make that 3 Days for the Cure 60 miles go a little faster in December...) the pedometer/sport gadgets will be great for tracking my improvements.
AND I got 2 books from Bulgaria! Ok, so Beulah called the Savannah Barnes and Noble and had them hold them at the front desk, and they are not Bulgarian in any way, but it's still exciting that I have presents from sistergirl in BG.

I did a bit of work in the studio this week and posted a painting. I was ALSO in the AASU Alumni show and BOTH of my paintings sold before they could get on the wall! So exciting. In fact, I need to get that new Nano loaded, go for a run and then get back to the studio! I can hear it calling from the back yard... "Jennnnnifer, oh Jennnnnnifer, come and paint with meeeee." It's a little creepy. But you must always listen to the voices...

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! So glad you had such a wonderful birthday/St. Patty's Day/welcome to spring! :) My favorite quote is 'The purpose of our lives is to be happy.' from the Dalai Lama. Sounds like you have certainly found your happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am behind on your lovely blog and just read this for the first time. I love how you relish birthdays- I do, too!! :D I'm glad it was happy and you did everything you wanted to.

    "Ladies like the hard stuff." <3

    ReplyDelete