Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fill 'em up! And other randomness.

It's that time again.  Time to take the girls in for another fill up.  Sure they were topped off a month or so ago - but they had to take some of the saline out while the stitches dissolved.  (I was allergic.)  Now we get to fill 'em back up!  Why am I excited about this?  Well, they will be full - which equals more comfortable when you're talking tissue expanders.  But more importantly I will be a giant step closer to my next surgery!

So Friday morning I head in - and I hope to leave with full expanders and an idea of when the next surgery is.    Looking forward to having it, healing from it and getting this body back to doing what I tell it to do!

On a different note:  I've changed the title up there (I would insert an up arrow here, but I don't have one, so squint your eyes really tight and imagine it)  I can officially ramble to my heart's content without feeling guilty - 'Cause if the name warns you that I'm rambling and you choose to read it anyway, well then - you knew what you were in for.

I am also officially trying this whole vegetarian thing now.  I was already working toward it in baby steps.  But I really like animal based foods.  I love bacon and cheese and butter and greek yogurt.  But I also love veggies and fruits and grains.  And since I read and tried Clean, I have felt a huge surge in energy.  I needed that!  Then I watched Forks Over Knives (twice!) and figured I should probably go for it.  It definitely took some mental preparation.  But I'm getting there.  And it's going well.  I am technically focusing on making my food 95% plant based foods - thus 5% or less animal based (watch the movie, that'll make sense).  That means I'm not forbidden to eat anything in particular, I just have to make sure I don't get crazy with it.  (yes, most of you know what voice to read that in.  If not, go here.)

Another shameless plug for my other blog:  OurCurrentPlan.blogspot.com  Go here.  Follow me.  Keep up to date with the boatiness that will one day ensue.  :)



Thanks for following and commenting and blogging!  I love hearing your thoughts and reading your rambles.  Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Most importantly of all... alcohol is derived from grain. Your saving grace. Go for the veg life! It's really not so bad. I'm just undisciplined. Love reading BOTH your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wet Willies drinks happen to be pure grain alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your ramblings and your artistic travelling...either way, I'll keep checking in! Way to go on the veggie-thing...maybe I should look into those books, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, groceries are certainly cheaper when you don't buy much meat/dairy! And I have more (WAY more) energy. But I don't know if I'll ever get to the point where I just refuse to eat a cheeseburger. :)

    ReplyDelete