Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy Happy December! Aka: Things I'm Grateful For

Happy December to everyone! Yes, I know November was the month for giving thanks, but shouldn't we do that every month? Every day? So. Here I am, after ages of not posting, listing things I'm thankful for.

1. My family/husband/friends - all are fabulous! (so many snide comments could/would normally be added here, but I'm going to keep this one straightforward and non-sarcastic. That's a true challenge for me!)

2. The fact that my scarves are flying off the Etsy and Red Clover shelves, thus keeping my Yoga Teacher Training on track!

3. My above-mentioned honey's seriously-great job that allows me to teach yoga/pilates/trx, create art, take care of my family, and (in January) go back to school to get my Culinary degree. :)

4. That same honey's fondness for my cooking, etc that reminds him why it's good for me to be out of a cubicle!

5. Oh! The fact that I no longer spend 40+ hours in a cubicle. That will forever be on my Thankful For list.

6. My health.

7. My body that, while it never seems to shrink, continues to grow stronger with every work out.

8. My new condo that is so much easier to clean - and in such a fun location - halfway between downtown Savannah and Tybee Island.

9. My camera.

10. My cuddly wiener dogs. Even when they make me walk them in the cold, wet grass and scoop their poop. (ew. Downside to condo living.)

11. My paid for car.

12. The family that will soon be buying my house! (whoever/wherever they are...)

13. Miniature Dark Chocolate Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (ironic that this one ended up as naughty number 13)

14. TRX straps on my porch.

15. Travel - and the fact that we can!

16. Silk wholesalers.

17. Pinterest - my new way to track fun stuff/trends/recipes/dreams!

18. Speaking of dreams - my honey that continues to dream with me the ever-evolving, soon to develop dream.

19. Even with the cruddy economy - our country. It's pretty fabulous, really. And the more we all travel to other countries, the more we all realize just how special it is here.

20. Our soldiers (and their families!) that keep this country safe.

21. The fact that this list is over!

Sure, sure - everyone on FB was posting one for each day of November and I only made it to 21. But that sarcasm ban proved more difficult than I imagined.
What are you thankful for? Let's all take a minute - every day, or even every hour - to be grateful for something. Something huge. Something tiny. Just be grateful for what we have. This is the secret to bringing more of those fabulous things to us! Really. Give it a shot. When we focus on the good, the good continues to grow. (this is true for negative as well, so be sure to push those negative thoughts away.)

Have a wonderful December! ♥ And thank you for reading!

1 comment: