Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year = New Knowlege, New Gym, New New New

So here it is - the first official post after the last post 2 minutes ago...
If you didn't read it, it was a short blurb about how I want my blog to be more entertaining (at least to me) in the coming year. And how I'm going to add pics etc. And what did I do? I posted it with NO PHOTOS. Geez louise. I just hit post and moved on. So let me do better!

Here is a link to a recently posted painting. I painted it a few months ago, but it was hanging in the house we are currently selling, and was therefore difficult to photograph.

I have a lot of fun with this style. It seems to be the fastest way to get an image down when I just need to get it out of my brain. Ever have that feeling, fellow artistic types? You know when you just. have to. get it. out. Whether it's a painting onto a canvas (or upcycled, light weight composite panel in this case) or photographing that perfect angle, or perfecting a new recipe you've been working on - whatever your medium of choice.

On a related note, Culinary School starts in just over a week. I'm excited! I have all of my books already and scurried off to orientation yesterday. So after 2 hours of needless orientation, I finally escaped with my parking pass in hand (the true reason I had to go to orientation.) I will be getting my Associates in Culinary - but since I already have my BFA the process will be pretty painless. 10 culinary classes and I'm done! I'll be gathering all my local peeps to use as guinea pigs throughout the 2 years of training (only going 1/2 time so I can keep teaching!)

Speaking of teaching, I've moved from the RH YMCA to the Yon Tybee Island GA. And instead of teaching yoga/power yoga/TRX I'm teaching Pilates. I'm currently teaching 2 classes, but next week I'll add another 7am class and a Senior Chair Pilates class which should be interesting. Tybee is a totally different world -but not in a better or worse way. Just completely different. For example, my current students are generally retired, and there's not a New Year's rush expected. But around Spring/Summer all of the tourists will come in and replace our Snow Birds. This is normally the time of year it starts to taper off for a while. I'm looking forward to meeting all of the new gym folk. And it's not too shabby that I'll get to head to the beach for a stroll between classes on Wednesdays!

Yesterday was our 16th wedding anniversary. We will be celebrating today by buying a 2nd paddle board and going for a paddle together. :) Up until now we've had to take turns. Should be fun exploring the waters around our snugly little condo. And we get to go right our our back door when the tide is in! Here's a shot of our Christmas Day paddle from our back door:

2 comments:

  1. Great way to celebrate! Can't wait to see all the new pics in the coming year. And I know what you mean about getting it out- writing-wise anyway :) xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about getting it out too,ha ha ha ha ha! So only a shorty, you must have very warm weather, can't wait to see for myself...sooooon.

    ReplyDelete