Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Favorite Recipe


I found this recipe today while I was flipping through Coastal Living magazine - picking out photos of future condo decor. Got distracted by the chocolate cookies! As always, I made a couple of modifications. I didn't have the chili listed, so I used Cayenne. It's pretty stout, so I cut it down to 1/4 tsp. And I just used the cinnamon I had in my pantry. I played with the time a bit, but 10 min was dead on for my oven. I also left out the 4 oz of coarsely chopped choc. The spicy kick at the end makes them extra-awesomely-delicious.



Chocolate Crackled Cookies

12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cinnamon, Saigon or 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Roasted Saigon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Chile Pepper, Ancho
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate as directed on package. Set aside. Coarsely chop remaining 4 ounces chocolate. Mix flour, roasted cinnamon, ancho chile pepper, baking powder and salt in small bowl.

2. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add melted chocolate; beat until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chopped chocolate. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons or medium cookie scoop 1 1/2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.

3. Bake about 10 minutes or just until cookies are set and slightly cracked on top. Transfer cookies on parchment paper to wire rack; cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment