Sunday, July 29, 2012

Blog update - Literally.

I'm playing with the Blog and would love your input!
Why, you ask?  Why do you see an ad WAY down there?  And why do the boxes along the right side keep changing/moving/increasing/decreasing in size/number, etc?  WHY must I jack with it all?

Well here's the down-low:
As soon as we come up with our boat name, I want to start blogging about the process of buying/maintaining/using it.  You know, how we go about shopping for it, the buying process, decisions we face (new vs. used, cat vs monohull, etc), the repair process, and what we decide to use said boat for.  I think it would be cool if you could follow along and chime in on the decisions - and maybe even learn from our experiences.  And it would be even better if that blog could produce a wee bit of income.  (you don't exactly get rich, but I could stash it away for future boating adventures.  And as Gmaw always says: A penny saved is a penny earned!)

So here's where I am on the blog:

I'm researching ads and affiliate programs.  What are your thoughts on ads?  What are your thoughts on affiliate programs?  Do you know what an affiliate program IS?  Are these things annoying/distracting?  Or are they helpful?  I'm not sure about the ads, but am leaning strongly toward the affiliate program.  Why?  I think it would actually be helpful to you, my lovely readers.  When I mention something that I love, love, love - I can add a link for you to go check it out.  And if you love, love, love it - you can purchase it thru that link on my blog.  I'll get some change in my account (which will help fund the boat plans!) and you'll get something cool that has been tested by me.  Win/win, right?

Seriously - I want your input on this.  Pleeeeease :)

No comments:

Post a Comment